I am totally new at this.

It will take me a little to get the hang of this so please be patient. Thanks!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shelf Redone


I dont have any before and after pictures unfortunetly :( I bought this at goodwill for $3. You can always find these at goodwill. Just plain wood like someone just made it and didnt know what to do with you.

This was one of my newer projects so I hand painted it black with acrylic paint. Its hanging at my moms house so I will upload pictures later of it in complete use. Its very cute!

I used mod podge to do the black and white background with scrapbook paper. It was very difficult and time consuming. There is probably an easier way to do it but I cut where there was a knob sticking out and used a xacto knife to cut around it. Then continued the whole way down with that method. I mod podge piece by piece. Because of the nature of the paper it is really hard to tell they dont match up.

Total Cost:
Goodwill purchase- $3
Acrylic paint- On hand or under $1
Mod podge- on hand
Cardstock- On hand

Total- Under $4!!

No comments:

Post a Comment