I am totally new at this.

It will take me a little to get the hang of this so please be patient. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My first encounter with mod podge


So this was my first encounter with mod podge. I started reading a lot of blogs and while I was at Michaels I saw the famous Mod Podge container. I had no clue what it was for but knew I had read a lot about it so decided to pick some up. I also had purchased those $1-$2 wood plaques they have and some scrapbooking paper. I think the first 12 x 12 I picked up was a traveling one (not realizing it).

This was made and hung in my moms kitchen. Way to simple... kind of boring but I was learning.







Here are some more that I made just playing around. I used acrylic paint for the background which was actually folkArt. Come to find this is the best choice for acrylic paint and its cheapest at Walmart for $.97 for a small tube.





This one matches nothing but because my mom is my biggest fan ( <3 ) she rocks it at the bottom of her stair well. I used sawtoothhangers I got at Michaels. I love them!!!!! They work on all kinds of stuff and if those dont work ribbon does so I am never stuck with a project that cannot be hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment