I am totally new at this.

It will take me a little to get the hang of this so please be patient. Thanks!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

How to Make Cheap Decor for Kids Room

This was the easiest project ever!! And it totally makes a great birthday present or baby shower present.




















What you will need:

I bought the $1 wood plaques from Michaels. Then I went through all there little wood animals. The ones with felt and are already painted I think were $.47 depending on size. Some of them you can paint yourself. Depends how creative you want to be. The white sticker letters I found in the clearance bin for $1. And lastly you will need a hot glue gun. I bought a mini hot glue gun because they have packs of mini glue sticks at the dollar store.

How to:
I used folkArt acrylic paint to paint the plaque color of my choice. It only needed one coat except for the yellow, needed two.

I then hot glued the animals on.

And then applied the stickers. For Aven's name I had to use permanent marker to make them black because you couldnt see white on the yellow.

Screw in your saw tooth hangers and its finished.

Waaaala!! The easiest project ever!!

Total cost:
Wood plaque- $1
Paint- $.97 or on hand
Hot glue- on hand
Animal- Under $1
Hanger- On hand

Total- Under $3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment