I am totally new at this.

It will take me a little to get the hang of this so please be patient. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dresser


So I bought this on craigslist for $30. Probably could have gotten a cheaper one but I was way to excited to refurnish my first piece of furniture. My husband bought me the black and decker mouse sander (you can see it on the top). I went to town. Sanded the whole thing. It was cheapo paint so it took me a while. I used a primer and paint combo, used a trim roller, and put about 3 coats on. I then went to walmart and bought vinyl decals and placed some on it.



But I wasnt feeling that at all. Actually I thought it was kind of ugly. So I went in search of something else. And... I found it at the dollar tree. For a dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!












Score!!! One dollar and it looks gorgeous! I am so happy with the outcome!














So happy with it : )











Photobucket

The DIY Show Off














Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special










36th Avenue

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, calligraphy & all! Visiting from Whipperberry =)

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely! You picked the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that really turned out so pretty! congratulations on your awesome dresser! we are featuring it this saturday and votation starts on the same day! thanks for linking up-.

    ReplyDelete