I am totally new at this.

It will take me a little to get the hang of this so please be patient. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Anthropology Inspired Topiary


So I actually got half this idea from homemade ginger with her anthropology inspired blooms.

First I bought two terra cotta pot from Michaels that cost me a dollar and some change a piece. There are holes on the bottom so I glued a piece of cardboard to the bottom stuck my bamboo skewer through and hot glued from the bottom.

Then I painted the pot with a beige folkart acrylic paint.

Then I went into my drive way and collected rocks to fill almost to the top. This also did the job of holding the bamboo skewer. I added seashells on top to hide the rocks and hot glued seashells around the side.

I then made the ball with q-tips. You can find a full tutorial at homemade ginger.

I just love how they turned out!!! : )
















Transformation Thursday


The DIY Show Off
36th Avenue



3 comments:

  1. Those are super cute! Glad I found ya on the blog party :)

    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that the beachy blue color go with the white rocks. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever twist on an already great idea! It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete