I am totally new at this.

It will take me a little to get the hang of this so please be patient. Thanks!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Old Highchair Gets a Makover


So I found this high chair at a yard sale for a dollar. It was kind of beat up and sad looking...











The legs and the top were pretty beat up. I thought I had a picture of the top. I had to saw off the very top of the chair because the one ball was all chewed up. Surprisingly it turned out nice and probably looked better than it did with them.

I began by giving the entire chair a sand down. It didn't take that long and wasnt all that messy.

I then gave it one coat of primer. It only used half a can!! Love it when that happens.







I then spray painted it with the color of my choice. I now wish I would have done a blue because most of my home and walls are green. It took two coats to get the results I wanted which ended up being exactly one can of spray paint.










I wanted to make it different but also something that I could hand down to friends or family so stenciling names were out. Bon Appetit seemed perfect so I went and bought cheapo stencils and stencil adhesive. I also bought the special sponge brushed made especially for stenciling, Im in love!! This was also the first time I ever used stencil adhesive and the stuff is great!!







Lastly I put one coat of clear coat on it and I was done. My three year old looooooooooooves this chair!! Its all his which makes it super special.













Transformation Thursday



homework










Tip  Junkie handmade projects






The Girl Creative

7 comments:

  1. That is definitely one special chair!
    Stopping by from Made by You Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love it! Very very sweet! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Three of my little ones were close together too. It can be a challenge but it's so nice now that they are older. They are great friends! Best Wishes www.saving4six.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did with the chair, the green is lovely and Bon Appetit is a great saying for a high chair! It will be wonderful to pass down through the generations, what a treasure. I have my husband's eldest aunt's high chair which was made by my husband's grandfather - it's a treasure, too. Thanks for sharing at Me Making Do!

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Highchair make over. I wish I would of thought of this as well for my kids chair.

    Would love if you would stop by and link up your creative project with us at Nothing But Country. Would love to share this project with our readers too.

    Happy Creating. :) Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone!!! I just discovered my creative bone so I really appreciate all the feedback and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One Crafty Mama indeed. Love it and I adore that you put words on this. It just takes it to the next level. Yay you. Thanks for sharing it on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete